The Perfect Toilet that Doesn’t Need Lots of Water
I decided to start a toilet review site because I firmly believe that everyone has the right to be comfortable when they go to the toilet, and I also believe it’s our right not to have to deal with toilets that constantly clog, or even worse don’t flush the waste away properly.
Leaving a Clean Toilet
Whether you like to discuss it or not, going to the toilet is a bodily function none of us can do without. However, dealing with the mess that can be left behind because of a toilet that doesn’t work properly is (in my humble opinion) one of the WORST household jobs you have to do.
What I often find in my line of work (which is selling all things bathroom) is many customers think that toilets work more efficiently if they use lots of water, and this is far from the truth. It’s not about how much water you use, it’s about how efficiently the waste is flushed away.
The Kohler Cimarron Solution
This is why I’ve decided to add a review on the KOHLER K-3609-0 Cimarron Comfort Height. The technology with this toilet ensures it works just like new for years to come, and will eliminate the need for you to yet again reach for the plunger!
So, what can you expect from this toilet?
Let’s deal with how it works first.
I’m not going to get too technical with you on this one. After all, I sell these products, I don’t make them.
But, the following should give you a basic idea of how it works.
- Kohler uses innovative AquaPiston technology and includes a canister flush valve in the tank with this model. This means that flush after flush you won’t have to worry about peeking down the bowl to make sure all the waste has gone. This model will deal with it quickly and efficiently. In fact, it truly is a “flush it and forget it” toilet.
- Each flush will only use 1.28 gallons of water, which is a far cry from older toilets that use up to 3.5 gallons.
This toilet from Kohler offers something called Comfort Height which many other brands are yet to catch on to. The overall height from floor to seat is about 17 inches which makes it about the same as a standard chair. Not only does this offer the average person a great deal more comfort, it’s also perfect for the elderly or people who have trouble sitting and standing.
What a breeze! This is a two piece unit so you will have to attach the tank to the bowl. However, Kohler uses a patented Dry-Lock installation system which the most D.I.Y-shy people can complete. There are no washers to deal with, just two water tight bolts and a flange that, once fitted to the bowl and tightened, will stop your toilet from leaning.
A Couple of Points to Bear in Mind
I have many customers that are very happy with this toilet, but you should be aware of the following:
- It doesn’t come with a seat so you will have to purchase one separately (don’t worry, color matching has been done for you).
- Before you plumb this toilet in, you will need to make sure you have a water supply line because that’s not included either. However, this point is probably aimed more at people who are installing from new rather than replacing an old toilet.
It is possible to have a toilet that doesn’t look like it has loads of water in the bowl and uses far less than many older models to give you a clean flush time after time, without clogging or “throwing back” what you’ve flushed.
If you’re still not convinced, have a look at what others have had to say on Amazon.
Like me, they can’t rate this toilet highly enough.
- KOHLER K-3609-0 Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated 1.28 gpf Toilet with Class Five Technology and Left-Hand Trip Lever, Less Seat, White